- 2 large onions
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 2 Tablespoons oregano
- 2 Tablespoons parsly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Tomato sauce (optional, they really do not need the sauce)
- Peel onions & cut in half. Separate the onions into matching pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients except for the tomato sauce. It is easiest to use your hands. Do not over mix or the result will be very dense!
- Fill two sides of an onion, then press together. Repeat.
- Wrap 5 or 6 bombs per foil packet. (I use heavy duty aluminum foil and wrap at least 2 times)
- To cook, place them in a large amount of very hot coals for 20-30 minutes, flip over and cook for another 20-30 minutes. Total cooking time will depend on the size of your bombs and the hotness of your coals. Check on them to be sure they are cooked all the way through.
- You could also roast these in a 350º oven if you aren’t camping!
- To serve, remove the foil and top with tomato sauce if desired.